Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crazy Life!

My life has been pretty crazy lately! But a good kind of crazy. I can't believe that it is November already!! This year has cruised by!

Thanksgiving is coming up and it is probably my favorite holiday of all! So it got me thinking about all the blessings in my life...

I am so thankful for my beautiful home. It has been fun to have my very own place! I feel so grown up.

I have been working at the hospital, home health, and Now I Can. Yes, I am nuts! But I love all my jobs for different reasons. The hospital has such amazing patients that are challenging and push me to expand my scope. I love working with most of the staff. They are so compassionate and make me want to improve myself. Home health is a nice change of pace from the hospital and NIC. The patients have all been pleasant and friendly! :) Now I Can Foundation is AMAZING!! I really feel like I am making a difference in someone's life. :) They kids that I work with are so inspirational and make me smile. I look at how strong they are and it makes me realize that I can tackle any challenge that comes my way. I am so blessed to have to opportunity to work with all the patients that I do, in all three places. I am thankful for the chance to have all three experiences.

Even though I have been working like crazy, I have still made room for fun. I have some amazing friends that I know I can count on to be there to watch a movie, or bake with me, or just talk. I am thankful for them also.

Most of all I am thankful for my family. It has been a roller coaster of a year. They have been there for me the entire way! :) My nieces and nephew have been my reasons to not give up and to make them proud of me. I love our "dates" that we go on. They are so cute and happy. If I am having a bad day I can count a big Peanut hug and sweet little smooch from my Mr. Bones. :) And sweet little Ruthy is just fun to hold and see her smile. Seeing Luke and Ava kiss and hold her is so sweet! Jer and Annie have been there for me too. They are fun to hang out with, even though it isn't as often as I would like. Both of them have been there for me with all my questions and to give me advice. My parents have been so supportive of me with all my decisions and stood by me. I don't think that I will ever be able to thank them enough.


2 comments:

Annie Barker said...

yes you do have a crazy life! We love you Em! Thanks for being such a fun Aunt to Luke, Ava and Ruthy.

emmieann said...

Thanks Annie! :)