Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa's 50th

Last friday was my mom's parents 50th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately my grandpa is in the hospital so we were unable to have a bigger party. But I still think that it turned out pretty well. The hospital was so sweet to let us borrow their break room to have a little party. We had a light dinner and pie. Annie and Jeremy made a really sweet video of pictures from grandma and grandpa's childhood and their 50 years together. It really was very sweet. My grandma's brothers and sister were able to come down. I think that made it really special. It has been so long since they were all together. Everyone visited with each other and had a great time. I was happy that we got to do something for them. I love them so much. :)
It was really funny because my grandma has a twin named LaRee. She and LaRee stood by each other and Ava and Luke were so confused. Ava didn't know how she felt about it at first. She kept looking at grandma and then LaRee. Luke was so excited because he has two Nanas now! But by the end of the night Ava loved LaRee too!




No comments: